Editor’s Note: From the Village of Tarrytown:
NYSDOT Broadway Rte 9 Repaving to Be Delayed to 2022
• Hamilton work – This week, work will continue through Friday, and will also take place on Thursday (Veteran’s Day). The project on this road will take approximately through Dec. 1, 2021 (weather permitting), and most if not all of the work will be during the day. Displaced cars can park with a Village permit in either the McKeel Parking Lot or the Neperan Road Parking Lot.
• McKeel work, which is causing the road to be closed during construction, will continue approximately through Dec. 1, 2021, and most if not all of the work will be during the day.
• LeGrande and Croton Avenues will have gas main construction work begin after Dec. 1, 2021. A letter will be sent out to people who live on those affected streets that has more detailed information. We will make provisions for any people displaced from parking on the street to have a temporary parking permit to park at no cost in either the McKeel Lot or in the Neperan Lot (behind the former Citibank).
• On Broadway – Night work will be required starting tomorrow night, going Tuesday night, Wednesday night and Thursday night (3 nights in a row) during the hours of 6 p.m. to 6 a.m., in order to recess or make-flush the plates along Broadway. This work cannot be done during the day because of the disastrous impacts such work would have on traffic. We are doing everything in our power to expedite the night work that needs to be done to secure and silence noise from the steel plates from banging along the road.
• Cortlandt & Main Street – There is emergency gas main repair work taking place on Cortlandt Avenue and Main Street, right near Village Hall. There are intermittent traffic closures that are necessary on Cortlandt Avenue. That work will continue for another two to three weeks.