Looking for a change of pace? The 5th Annual Sleepy Hollow Half Marathon, scheduled for Saturday, March 21, has the best of fun and scenery. It is the perfect event if you enjoy running for fun or are gearing up for a spring marathon! If you are Boston Bound – Better run here first!
The Sleepy Hollow Half-Marathon, presented by RivertownRunners, features approximately 5 miles of carriage roads and groomed trails (meaning crushed gravel and dirt) in the Rockefeller State Park Preserve. The 13.1-mile USATF-certified course also travels along the Old Croton Aqueduct and, as in past years, winds through picturesque neighborhoods in Sleepy Hollow.
The idyllic landscape and scenic views of the Rockefeller State Park Preserve now make up part of the course due to construction and development along sections of the Sleepy Hollow waterfront. And if the magnificent Hudson River views on our new course don’t take your breath away, the hills on our course will!
• Registration fee $60, race day $70
• Online Registration is open until 3/13/15
• Race start/finish is walking distance from the train (Metro North Hudson Line to Tarrytown Station)
• Finisher Goodie bag & LS technical shirt
• Electronic timing
• USATF Certified course
• Water and Gatorade fluid stations
• CASH awards to top 3 overall male and female finishers
• Awards and prizes to top category finishers
• Each finisher will receive a 2015 Sleepy Hollow Half Marathon medal, sponsored by Phelps Memorial Hospital Center
• Race benefiting the RTR Outreach Fund, supporting charities in the community
• Bag check available
• Course time limit: 3 1/2 hrs (course closes at 1pm)
• Please be advised that inline skates, baby joggers, strollers and pets are not permitted in the Sleepy Hollow Half Marathon
For further information, visit www.RivertownRunners.org.