Category

Community

Home » Community

401 posts

Heather’s Work With Pioneer Team

Our practices were beginning to amount to progress, and a lot of it. The team was growing in strength, ability, and recognition. Every time I walked or talked with one of my new friends on the Pioneer Team, one of my friends from my classes in school would int... More »

Fabienne
Bookmark?Remove?

How My Stay in New York City Profoundly Changed Me

By Fabienne Schneuwly – I visited the United States of America for the first time at the age of 16. My trip led me from my home in Switzerland to a place called Menlo Park in California. I traveled on my own and stayed for a month. Everything was huge and exac... More »

Bookmark?Remove?

YMCA Fund Raising Aimed at Changes in Main Street Facility

|  by Robert Kimmel  | Looking to its membership and the community for assistance, the Family YMCA at Tarrytown has embarked on a major money raising campaign to help fund the renovation of its existing Main Street location where work has already begun. The Y ... More »

Bookmark?Remove?

Second Annual Horseman Color Run is on!

|  by Dorothy Conigliaro  |   The Foundation for the Public Schools of the Tarrytowns will hold its 2nd Annual Horseman Color Run 2015 on Saturday, June 20. The Foundation seeks to augment the school’s budget by raising funds for special projects to benefit th... More »

Exact replica of original lens has been installed in the Lighthouse.
Bookmark?Remove?

Ceremony at Lighthouse to Celebrate New Beacon

|  by Robert Kimmel  | Without its light since the 1960’s, the Lighthouse by night has been a murky silhouette in the Hudson River off the Sleepy Hollow shoreline. But that is about to change. Originally labeled the Tarrytown Light when it was built in 1883, t... More »

SH Trustees Consider Restaurant, Pool at River’s Edge

|  by Elaine Marranzano  | Sleepy Hollow is considering allowing the addition of a restaurant and a private swimming pool at the new River’s Edge condominium complex nearing completion at the bottom of Beekman Avenue. Neither the restaurant nor the pool was in... More »

Stalled Water Reservoir for SH Gets Boost for Construction

|  by Robert Kimmel   | A series of procedural matters holding up the construction of a critically needed new water reservoir for Sleepy Hollow apparently have been settled, and work on the structure could begin within a few months.  Agreement on the issues en... More »

Bookmark?Remove?

TEAC Leads Earth Day Cleanup

To celebrate Earth Day, three groups from the Village of Tarrytown sponsored a village-wide cleanup on Saturday, April 18.  The Tarrytown Environmental Advisory Committee organized an effort starting at Patriots’ Park, Friends of Neperan Park worked at that lo... More »